Monday, March 3, 2008

The things kids say.............

Today, Madeline and I were discussing swinging on her backyard swing. She does not like to go high and prefers to move herself. I told her it was really fun to have someone push you and go a little higher. She said "But mommy, if I go really high then I will go into the clouds and you will miss me." My heart melted.
Later in the day, while typing her name into the computer, my grandmother was saying that she could put "Maddy". Grandma and I got in a discussion about how to spell "Maddy". The Madelyn on Jon and Kate + 8 spells it Mady, but we thought it should be Maddie or Maddy. Keep in mind that when I named her I fully intended for her to be called Madeline because I love the name. Madeline very matter-of-factly said "Excuse me mommy, I will be Madeline please". I said, good for you, mommy called you madeline because it is so pretty. On a similar note, she told her daddy that she wanted to be called "Uniqua" like on the show "Backyardigans". She cracks me up.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Hi! Thanks for visiting my crazy blog. Your little girl is a doll. How old is she? I use a Canon Rebel.

AmandaDickens said...

I love the part about her flying away. That he just adorable. Hope to see you a church soon.

E. Tyler Rowan said...

Uniqua, LOL. My daughter wants to be Pablo. :)

Mary@notbefore7 said...

Oh she is such a doll. I love her name!

Happy TTT. Thanks for participating.